Monday, April 30, 2007

Too much of a good thing

 

 

 

Too much of a good thing can be wonderful - Mae West


I'm a nice, ruddy, crisp sunburnt and I desperately need some sleep, but it was a wonderful weekend.


Saturday morning I joined Murray Triplett, Greg Johnson and Brandon Smith in a canyon in Eagle Mountain to shoot the short film Anthems of War. They put together a great production. Several collectors brought in authentic vehicles and weapons, and Dave Larsen's whole family was there doing make-up and effects.


I thought I would just be helping out behind the scenes, but as soon as I showed up Murray had me jump into costume to stand in as Levi Larsen's corpse. So Dave created a bullet exit wound in my head and I spent some time face down in a field.


After I got a chance to clean up, I got back to just doing some general helping out around the set. Looks like this film will be good. Special thanks to Bryon Darby for taking great on-set stills.


Then at 6pm I left the set and met up with Kyle Mallory to film the script I blogged about last week. I ended up playing the part of James, which I thoroughly enjoyed. We filmed just a little farther up in the same canyon, and shot night scenes until 2am.


The next morning at 8 we started up again and shot in the desert all day.


To commemorate the long hours this weekend, and to remind myself that although I may enjoy putting in these kinds of hours, I shouldn't expect others to put in these kinds of hours on my projects on a regular basis, I ordered myself a 12 on 12 off hat.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: