Sunday, January 08, 2006

Two Days On Set

I spent Thursday and Friday working as a grip. We closed off Gallivan Avenue in downtown Salt Lake and made it look like a busy street of Chicago or New York.



We started the day by having parking enforcement issue tickets to all the cars parked in front of our bagged meters. We got a late start after we finally cleared out the violators.



Director Murray Triplett explains the camera movement he wants.



The traffic disappears and is replaced by a party bus.



The highlight of my day was a shot where the camera jibbed over four lanes of gridlocked traffic. I was operating a smoker and they kept calling "Jim, we can still see you!" The solution was I finally crawled all the way under the car, but I stuck my head out just long enough to have someone take my picture.

No comments: